26 March 2008
- Poster presentation on the I3N Risk Assessment and Pathway Analysis Tools, at the joint USGS/NASA Invasive Species Modeling and Assessment Workshop, March 6-7, 2008 at USGS Fort Collins Science Center, Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Powerpoint presentation on "I3N Tools to Prevent Biological Invasions" at the NBII Invasive Species Working Group teleconference on February 28, 2008
- Colombia's I3N Web site goes live (24 September 2007). See: http://ef.humboldt.org.co
- Bolivia has officially joined I3N by designating Adriana Rico as the I3N country lead. See our Participants page.
- Several successful I3N meetings were held in May 2007. To review presentations and other documents, please go to the "Workshops & Meetings" page.
- A new poster describing I3N is available in Spanish and English.
- Request for Proposals for Data Creation (Oct 06)
- National I3N workshop highlighted on home page of Paraguayan NGO
- The Global Invasive Species Program (GISP) highlights I3N role in the first Brazilian IAS symposium. Spanish | English - (PDF)
- Organization of American States (OAS) Department for Sustainable Development and Environment highlights I3N Training Workshop in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic as one of the 'Recent Initiatives and Outcomes' (Nov 05). Final Report (PDF); List of Participants (PDF); read more on the OAS Web site...
- BioNET-ANDINONET supports invasive alien species capacity building (1 Nov 05). Work has started on several activities related to I3N (IABIN Invasives Information Network) tools and their use. Training workshops on I3N tools and on the importance of creating standardized invasive alien species data and metadata will be offered in three countries: Dominican Republic, Uruguay and Venezuela. Read more...
- I3N Training at 2005 Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) Meeting. NBII Access Newsletter (Summer 05). Page 5. [pdf]
- I3N Technical Working Group establishment and meeting at IABIN 2005 mentioned in NBII Access Newsletter (Spring 05). Page 7. [pdf]
- BioNET-INTERNATIONAL The Global Network for Taxonomy Monthly Bulletin No. 57 (May 05) [pdf]
I3N and IABIN are noted in the May Bulletin of the Global Network for Taxonomy. You can contact BioNET directly at BioD_Commonsemail@example.com to be included on their mailing list.
- South America Environment, Science &Technology, and
Health Newsletter (Aug
04) [MS Word] [pdf]
- Argentine news agency article (Aug 04) [MS
Latin American and Caribbean Network newsletter (Aug
- NBII Newsbrief on I3N in GISIN
(Apr 04) [MS Word] [pdf]
- Summary report
from GISIN (Apr 04) [pdf]
brochure (Mar 04) [MS
- NBII newsletter article (Winter 03) [html]
- Convention on Biological Diversity: Decision
VI/23 of the Conference of the Parties (Sixth Ordinary
Meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention
on Biological Diversity, The Hague, Netherlands, 7 - 19 Apr
- Case studies commissioned by the North American Commission
for Environmental Cooperation (Feb 03) [MS
- Bahamas National Strategy on Invasive Species (Mar
newspaper article (Dec 02) [html]
- Newspaper clipping of I3N-Jamaica workshop (Sep 02) [MS
- Trilateral Committee for Wildlife and Ecosystem Conservation
and Management (various dates): Web
page and Powerpoint presentations [1, 2]
I3N (various dates)
Back to Top